In this article I will show you just that including the tools you need and how to create high ranking blog posts easily and quickly.
1. Keyword Research – Performing keyword research will determine whether your blog post will rank highly and get traffic.
- Ubersuggest – shows what Google doesn’t, great place to start brain storming
- Google Adwords Keyword Tool – shows traffic, competition, and similar searches
- Google Search – Don’t Hit Enter – Google predicts what people are searching for and refers searches, use these to your advantage by testing different words like how and why and see what shows up below
2. Title & Title Meta Tag
- Add your keyword in the title and make it sound awesome, but still on topic
- Edit permalink to only include the specific keywords.
- Make sure your URL permalink is the title name only; in WordPress you will go to settings > permalinks select custom structure put this /%postname%/ in the box and click save.
- Use All In One SEO or Yoast plugins to change title meta tags, there will be a form below the body where you can input the data
Seo Hop Tip : By changing permalinks you are changing all the new and old URL’s in your blog. If you have old blog posts make sure you 301 redirect them so you don’t lose any links or traffic that is already coming to those posts. This includes if the blog posts have already been shared on any other website like social networks.
- Use your keywords in the body of the blog post about once ever 100 words
- Use keyword synonyms in the body as Google uses Latent Semantic Indexing
- Write in sections or chunks – label each section properly so visitors can skim the information
- Bold section titles – provides for easier reading and skimming
Seo Hop Tip : On the internet people would rather skim than read and then choose where they want to read. So let them skim and provide them the means of finding exactly what they want.
- Link to old articles – allows for personal reference to increase time on site and also shows you are an authority on the topic
- All links open in a new window – people do want to see what you are linking to but don’t want to leave the page and you shouldn’t want to them to either until they are finished reading the entire article
- Outbound links should be no follow – use the rel no follow attribute unless it is the most authoritative resource available. Outbound linking can hurt and help your blog post’s rank, so be very careful about who you link to.
Seo Hop Tip : This is how your link should look using the rel no follow attribute:
<a href=”URL” rel=”external nofollow” target=”_blank”>Your Description Here</a
5. Description Meta Tag
- Add keywords in description – also add what will make people convert from the search engine to your website
- Make it enticing so when people see it in the search results they will click thru to read more
- Use All In One SEO or Yoast to change description meta tags there will be a form below the body where you can input the data.
Seo Hop Tip : Descriptions should be a maximum of 160 letters or characters
- Choose or create a relevant category
- One or two word categories are good
- Using more than 1 category is ok but don’t over do it.
- Add fun pictures – people like seeing pictures more than text
- Find informational pictures and cite the source in the caption
- Name your picture (alt tag) as you would your category, with one or two words
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Google Plus
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Stumbleupon
- Share on Reddit
- Share anywhere else you can think of
- Re-blog – post title on WordPress and link it to original blog
- Re-blog – post title on Blogger and link it to original blog
- Find blog posts related to yours
- Place a great comment on the related blog posts
- Add link somewhere in your comment or in the optional website box in the comment form
Seo Hop Tip – If your comment is good enough it will be approved. Once approved it is approved it will create a link to your site. Therefore, now giving it a vote in the search engine rankings.
Let me know if you think I left anything out. I will be more than happy to add it in. Until then please feel free to subscribe to the blog for more tips and tricks on How To Be Number 1 On Google Search.